As you can tell by the lovely weather we are having in Cincinnati, your sump pump is working overtime. Every winter and spring in the greater Cincinnati area we experience heavy amounts of snow, and rain. When the snow melts, and the rain falls it has to go somewhere, and if your sump pump is not working correctly, all that water may end up in your basement. The Best thing you can do before that happens is to have one of the licensed plumbers from Best Plumbing come to your home and check out your sump pump, and the drainage system from your pump to make sure they are all in good working order before you end up with a flooded basement.
There are a few things you can do on your own to insure that your sump pump is in the Best shape to take care of the demand that it will be asked to carry as winter ends and spring begins.
- Make sure that the sump basin is covered. This will help keep things out and keep odors in.
- Inspect the basin and remove build up and debris.
- Check the inlet of the pump to make sure it is free from debris and build up.
- Make sure the electrical system is safe and in good working order.
- Check the float switch and make sure it is operating correctly.
If you have any questions, or would like one our licensed Cincinnati plumbers to come out and check on your sump pump please feel free to call us at 513-793-2378 and we will be glad to help.