We just helped complete a renovation of a historic property in Mariemont. This house is part of the dairy farm that was built in 1924 by Mary Emery. Mary then leased the barn to the Lindner Quality Milk Company in the 1930’s. They used the barn and attached buildings to process milk from the surrounding dairy farms. The Linder family later moved the milk company to Norwood and renamed the company United Dairy Farmer’s. So you could say that this house is where United Dairy Farmers started.
The Barn to the left of the house has been renovated and is now home to the Woman’s Art Club Cultural Center. Here is a link to their website and a little history on the property their webpage has some links with pictures of the property from the 20’s and a link to a story from Carl Lindner talking about his time working on the property when he was a boy.
The current owner of the property E/S Properties wanted to keep as much of the historic charm of the house as possible and used a lot of reclaimed items in the renovation process. They install old barn beams in the kitchen and used re-claimed barn siding on the walls in the kitchen. They re-purposed an old barn door on rails for the entry to the master bath.
BEST Plumbing’s contribution was re-conditioning an old style toilet with wall hung tank, installing an antique cast iron pedestal lavatory and re-building the old porcelain two handle faucet for the pedestal lavatory. Below are a few pictures of the finished project.
Reclaimed barn door leading to master bath.